Originating in the 1800's the French Press also known as Plunger brew method, has always been one of the easiest ways of brewing an excellent cup of coffee at home!
In just 4 minutes you can serve a classic coffee, the French way!
- Place 3 table spoons of fresh, coarsely ground coffee (one per cup plus one for milk) in the French Press.
- Fill 1/3 of beaker with boiling water to wet all grounds and leave for 30 secs allowing coffee to 'bloom'.
- Fill rest of the way with boiling water, stir and place plunger lid on, with filter sitting just in the water.
- Let brew for 4 mins. Steep for longer if you like it stronger - up to 6 mins.
- While you wait, warm your milk to body temperature for sweetness.
- Plunge the press SLOWLY.
- Pour, serve and enjoy!
French Press Brew Kit:
1 x Coffee Blend 500g
1 x Rhino Compact Hand Grinder
1 x Chambord® French Press coffee maker (3 cup)
Shop kit now for only $125
Our Griffiths Bros. go-to coffee for a French Press is the Kingston coffee blend. A medium roast with a rich profile, this five-bean blend is made up of South America’s finest, with beans sourced from Brazil, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru. As an Espresso it delivers a cup with medium body that's brimming with caramel sweetness and jammy apricot. Paired with milk, it's sweet, with slightly salted caramel and milk chocolate characteristics.
A hand coffee grinder is a great addition to your home coffee kit. Easy to use the compact hand grinder is adjustable with a smooth grinding motion for a wide range of grind types.
With a classic design the French Press coffee maker is essential for home brewing.
Quick, easy-brew and super consistent, the French Press is perfect for your home coffee fix!
Watch our short how to video now.