Originating in the 1800's the French Press also known as Plunger brew method remains a timeless and easy way to brew a classic cup of coffee at home!
In just 4 minutes you can serve a classic coffee, the French way!
- Place 3 table spoons of fresh, coarsely ground coffee (one per cup plus one for milk) in the French Press.
- Fill 1/3 of beaker with boiling water to wet all grounds and leave for 30 secs allowing coffee to 'bloom'.
- Fill rest of the way with boiling water, stir and place plunger lid on, with filter sitting just in the water.
- Let brew for 4 mins. Steep for longer if you like it stronger - up to 6 mins.
- While you wait, warm your milk to body temperature for sweetness.
- Plunge the press SLOWLY.
- Pour, serve and enjoy!
French Press Brew Kit:
1 x Coffee Blend 500g
1 x Rhino Compact Hand Grinder
1 x Chambord® French Press coffee maker (3 cup)
Shop kit now for only $125
Our Griffiths Bros. go-to coffee for a French Press is the Kingston coffee blend. A medium roast with a rich profile, this five-bean blend is made up of South America’s finest, with beans sourced from Brazil, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru. As an Espresso it delivers a cup with medium body that's brimming with caramel sweetness and jammy apricot. Paired with milk, it's sweet, with slightly salted caramel and milk chocolate characteristics.
A hand coffee grinder is a great addition to your home coffee kit. Easy to use the compact hand grinder is adjustable with a smooth grinding motion for a wide range of grind types.
With a classic design the French Press coffee maker is essential for home brewing.
Quick, easy-brew and super consistent, the French Press is perfect for your home coffee fix!
Watch our short how to video now.