How to brew a traditional pulverised coffee
You'll need: Briki, water, cup, spoon.
- Add around 80mls of water for each cup you are making into a small saucepan or traditional Briki.
- Place over a medium-high heat and once warm add 1-2 heaped teaspoons of Pure Turkish Style Coffee for each cup. Do not stir, allowing the coffee to float to the surface.
- Add sugar to taste if preferred, not stirring.
- Once coffee begins to sink, stir several times and turn down heat to low.
- A thick crema will start to build but keep coffee at the foaming stage for as long as possible without letting it come to a rolling boil.
- Pour coffee slowly, making sure there's an equal amount of crema for each cup. Stand for 30 seconds to allow coffee sediment to settle.
- Enjoy and drink until you reach the coffee sediment.